Friday, January 13, 2012

Cerritos Chevron car service station in California takes customer for a ride

Sep-28 2010
I get an written estimate for car service for $223 of which 1.50 hrs labor @$80 per hour = $120

Jan-03
I take the car to service station and they give an estimate of $327 of which 3.0 hrs labor @ $80 per hour
I am shocked and insist that you gave an estimate for $228 (but I do not have the written estimate with us ). We told him, you work on the car and we will show you the estimate you gave us on Sep-28
When I go to pick up the car, I show him his estimate and he says this is a software error, and 3 hrs of labor is what we will charge you because you signed for it when you gave the car.
I said "This is not right, I am unhappy". He said best he can do is give 15% managers discount.
I told him:
1) I have been your customer since last 12 years for 3 cars that I own for car service and gas.
2) I have been your customer before you bought this gas station
3) I have recommended you to so many of my friends in the area

But the service manage Mr Dave said : you have to pay no exceptions.
I paid but still paid more than what I should have.

Called Corporate office Hassan and sons and left a message for the owner Mr. Sal Hassan explaining my disappointment and as a business owner he should know what is going on in his gas station and this kind of business practice will turn customers away from him.

Next day I call again and Mr. Moe Harris comes on the line and I explain the case to him and he promises me that he will talk to Sal Hassan and call me back.

He never calls back.

Jan-10-2012
Called Hassan & sons. Mr. Moe Harris was not available. Mr. Sal Hassan the owner would not come on the phone.
Someone came on the line and said "why was I calling".
I said "I had called and left a detailed message on Mr. Hassan's voice mail. Thereafter I had spoken to Mr. Moe Harris and explained what happened and Mr. Moe promised to discuss the issue with Mr. Sal Hassan and call me back within a day, but it is 5 days and he never called, so I called. "

The man said "If we want to call you then we will call you, please do not waste our time.

I said "what is your name Sir"

The man replied "none of your business" and hung up the phone.

I want people at Chevron to know what happened with me and with this kind of policy, customers will turn away from Chevron.

No comments:

Post a Comment